To know what infrastructure we need to build, we need to have an idea of what kind of world we want to live in.
Joel H. Moser’s (*) discussion of Trump’s ‘Infrastructure Week’ and misconseptions on what IF is and does for society that are commonly present in politics and public debates today. This five infrastructural myths are discussed in his Washington Post article:
1. New infrastructure projects would reduce unemployment.
2. Regulations kill infrastructure projects.
3. Private investment leads to infrastructure projects.
4. Infrastructure spending will spur growth.
5. We know what infrastructure we need.
(*) “Joel H. Moser is the founder and CEO of Aquamarine Investment Partners, an Adjunct Professor at Columbia University School of International and Public Affairs and a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.” (see article)